The Chair of Succession and Family Enterprise of HEC Montréal is looking for a research assistant who is a master’s or PhD student, to work on its research projects and various activities.
Here are the projects on which the assistant will work:
- Relational logic in family businesses
- The composition of the board of directors of public family businesses listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)
- Redesign and development of the website “From Success to Succession”
Mandate of the research assistant
In collaboration with the Chair holder and the PhD candidate affiliated with the Chair, the research assistant will work on various projects and activities of the Chair.
To be enrolled in a master’s or doctoral program with relevant research interests related to those of the Chair (ex. sociology of business, family studies, theoretical perspectives related to networks or relational themes, etc.).
Sought Capabilities, Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent work organization skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Good communication skills (oral and written);
- Great sense of initiative and ability to work independently (self-motivation);
- Curiosity and interest in research;
- Proficiency in French and English (spoken and written);
- Be willing to commit for 1 or 2 years
- Medium-term contract (1 or 2 years depending on availability)
- Part-time position (around 15 hours / week, with flexible schedules)
- Cover letter
Interested candidates are invited to send their application by Monday, May 28, 2018, at 4:00 pm to:
Isabelle Le Breton-Miller
Chair of Succession and Family Enterprise
Department of Management
Please indicate in the header of your message that you are applying for the position of research assistant.
For more information
If you wish to have more information about the position, we invite you to contact Audrey-Anne Cyr, PhD candidate affiliated with the Chair (audrey-anne.cyr@hec.; tel. 514-340-6000 ext. 1012).